- September 19, 2019
- Posted by: giawatkins
- Category: CFI News, Professional Insights
Ira Hammerman oversees all legal and compliance related activity at SIFMA, including comment letters, litigation and regulatory relationships. He has been intimately involved with SIFMA’s regulatory advocacy on a wide range of issues impacting the capital markets, including its advocacy on efficient and effective SRO Reform, and its pursuit of a best interest standard of care for broker/dealers while preserving the commission brokerage model of financial advice for retail clients.
In his interview with CFI, Ira covers:
- The first-hand insights into the securities industry he gained as a teenager
- How private law practice experience prepared him for his SIFMA role
- His concerns regarding the ongoing flight to “RIA only” firms
- Why he feels that states need to stand down for now regarding Reg B-I
- The practical challenges involved in protecting senior investors from abuse
To learn more about Ira and his opinions on a wide range of topics, click here to read our entire interview.